News from Martins & Schofields November 2011
Christmas is fast approaching….days are getting shorter
and the supermarket shelves are filling up with festive goodies but
what about the housing market?
There is always the traditional rush for would be buyers and
sellers to get the deal done by Christmas but as we all know Rome
wasn’t built in a day!
Follow the tips below & a deal before Christmas could just
• Don’t put a timetable on your sale and purchase
– Especially one that’s influenced by Christmas which
is notoriously a stressful time. Ultimately the speed of property
transactions rest on price!
• Price your property today based on what someone will
realistically pay and not the sum you need to buy the property you
want, or the amount you think you should have. Therein lies
• Be flexible. Remember, there will be other parties involved
in the transaction, and in allied transactions. Each will have
their own agendas too.
• Clean, paint, de-clutter etc etc…. First impressions
and presentation count for a great deal when marketing a property.
The competition to sell is never greater!
• Remember a house is not just for Christmas. It is for all
the year round and likely to be the largest investment you ever
make. If it is worth buying it is really worth waiting for.
• And remember…when it all comes together and you
achieve your goal, say a big thank you to your estate agent. In
this challenging market they will deserve it!